Job Title: Systems Manager
Reports To: Project Director
Under the direction of the Project Director, supports the system requirements / needs of the Tax Discovery Project including the corporation's proprietary software, Revenue Management System (RMS), networks, and call center application. This support includes developing database matching comparisons to identify potential non-filer businesses, creating reports to measure billing revenue, system performance, and Tax Specialist productivity. This position monitors, recommends, and fixes system software.
- Work under the direction of the Project Director to install, maintain, and manage, the technical system needs of the Tax Discovery Project. Specify extract from the customer system for purpose of forming the base database in RMS to be utilized for comparison / matching. Support RMS and call center system on site.
- Maintain accurate databases of previously contacted registrants and those businesses not required to register.
- Develop RMS reports that measure project billing revenues, system productivity, Tax Specialist productivity and Collection performance. These reports will also provide the necessary access to current information regarding filers and payments of taxes on previous non-filers.
- Act as liaison to the Client.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement software and technological solutions that will increase the productivity of RIS Tax Discovery employees. Perform system maintenance requirements, and ensure maximum system speed and uninterrupted system performance.
- Client employees on project site having direct or dotted line reporting relationship to Senior Government positions, and other governmental entities providing data base lists for comparison purposes.
- Client middle management and other departments that interact, support, or work along with the functions affecting tax discovery, registration, cash processing, and data entry / retrieval systems.
- Client support staff.
- Corporate training / installation teams.
- Outside vendors providing data base lists.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business Administration and Computer Science, or equivalent in systems development and data base management experience. Two to four (2-4) years of relevant systems business experience.
- Demonstrable excellence in written and verbal communication skills.
- Adept with PC operations and knowledgeable about software applications, including report development, system support, and programming for the following: Fox Pro, Excel, Word, Windows, and Powerbuilder a plus. Functionally understands mainframe operations and systems.
- Familiarity with Windows NT and Token Ring networks is a plus.
- Knowledgeable in call center system operation including advanced call strategies, call selections and usage of list distribution; experienced with a variety of telecommunications platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to take initiative.
- Proven ability to work in time sensitive situations; able to consistently meet deadlines and cost / revenue objectives; attention to detail a must.
- Able to support client / server applications with mainframe interfaces.